07 May The Collective – 50 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training
– February 15th – 20th 2020
“Wherever you go, go with all your heart” (Confucius)
Are you looking for a yoga practice that’s focused on bringing balance – energetically, physically, and mentally? Yin yoga is highly recommended for the harmony of the body and mind in tandem with other, more yang styles of practice. Learn how to calm your mind and bring your body into a deeper stretch with Yin yoga creating harmony within the self.
Yin Yoga is a practice within which we can explore a new relationship toward our restless selves. Through the gentle act of being present, being mindful, and being compassionate, we can start softening our fidgety habits and gradually cultivate habits of calm. This training is for experienced and aspiring yoga teachers and students alike who wish to enhance their knowledge of yin yoga – “the quiet practice” One will discover the anatomical and energetic theories of yin yoga for their own personal practice and/or with the intention to teach. Turning our attention inwards, to connect to the true essence of ourselves.
When one practices yin yoga, we use long-held poses without muscle tension, which strengthens and flexes our connective, fascia and ligament tissues, mobilizing our joints, and soothing the nervous system. These exercises have a stress-reducing and regenerative effect. Yin yoga focuses on the connective, fascia and ligament tissues of the body around the hips, upper thighs, pelvic girdle and lower back – the main problem areas in this modern age. In the Yin Yoga and Anatomy Teacher Training program, we will study the history of yin yoga and apply yin theory to the practice. Learning anatomy, we will learn and develop skills in analyzing the bone structure, compression and tension of our students. In learning Yin asana, pranayama and meditation along with the subtle bodies and chakras, we will have the opportunity to learn – in a safe environment – to read a human being, to sense our own limitations and to test and recognize those of others.
One will gain a myriad of insights and enhanced self-awareness; being able to assess the needs and limitations of any individual student. This practice nourishes us from our core, with a blend of awareness, calmness and harmony. Upon completion of the program, the foundations for teaching yin yoga will be securely in place. In the fast-paced world of the 21st century, yin yoga offers the perfect balance for teachers and students alike.
|What Certificate Will I Receive ?|
Desa Seni School of Yoga is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance. This yoga teacher-training program and all the teachers are internationally accredited have exclusive recognition and qualify to teach for the 200-hr Yoga Alliance Teacher Certification. Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training program in the U.S and globally. Graduates of our program are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance.
Yoga Alliance Accredited School of Yoga
For more information, please visit: www.yogaalliance.org
|What Will I Learn ?|
This training will focus more on the physical body, studying Yin Asanas, 7 Archetypes but without TCM.
What you will study in this training?
History of Yin Yoga
Yin Theory and application during yoga practice
7 Yoga Archetypes
Study of Yin Asanas: their benefits and contraindications
Pranayama & Meditation practices
How to sequence and teach a Yin Yoga class
Exploring mindfulness meditation theory and practice
Yin & Meditation teaching Practicum
|A Day In Harmony :|
7:00–7:30 am: Pranayama/Meditation
7:30–9:15 am: Morning Practice
9:30–11:00 am: Breakfast break
11:00–13:30 pm: Theory & Methodology
13:30 – 14:30 pm: Lunch Break
14:30 – 15:30 pm: Group Dynamic (Self–enquiry practices)
15:30–16:30 pm: Posture clinic and practicum
16:30–18:15 pm: Afternoon Practice
|Who Are My Teachers ?|
“The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery” Mark Van Doren
Desa Seni, A Village Resort opened to the world on August 8th 2006. It is located in Canggu, Bali – Indonesia. From its awakening, this village has focused on creating a holistic wellness program providing yoga, dance, music and organic cuisine, set amidst a beautifully landscaped fully recycled eco friendly resort. The whole concept creates an environment where people can come to learn, evolve, relax, awaken the self and at the same time become part of a kula or community, experiencing the life and ways of Indonesia.
Stay in charming accommodations at the beautiful eco resort. All the rooms are individual antique houses with air conditioning, beautiful terraces, sitting areas and private modern bathrooms. The interior of each unique house has been re-furbished to provide comfort, while the exteriors have retained the integrity of rural village life.
The area, Canggu, has everything one would want. There are great surf breaks, shopping, restaurants, supermarkets and yes, some great beach clubs for frolicking.
Single, private bedroom and bathroom USD $ 1,800
Early Bird by December 15th 2019 USD $ 1,600
Twin, Two yogis per house – one of our larger houses set up with individual beds and mosquito nets. USD $ 1,500 per person
Early Bird by December 15th 2019 USD $ 1,300
We pair females with females and males with males.
The training is available without accommodation, however, as you will be spending long days at Desa Seni, we recommend staying at Desa Seni during your training in order to get the full immersive experience. We start early every morning and finish in the evening.
For those who are already living in Bali or have alternate accommodation USD $ 1,100
Early Bird by December 15th 2019 USD $ 900
All inclusion are the same other than accommodations
Payment and Terms
Pay a deposit of USD $500 to secure your spot
Balance due in full by January 15th
Payment can be made by bank transfer directly to Desa Seni.
Please contact email@example.com for more details.
If a participant withdraws from the course, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If a participant withdraws from the course after full payment has been received, January 15th, they will receive a 50% refund
If a participant with draws February 15th or after the training starts, there is no refund.
This Refund Policy applies to both Residential and Non-Residential options.
|What Does Tuition Include ?|
Early Bird: Take off $200 if you register by December 15th 2019
All Materials: Classes, academic fees, manual, work-books, diploma
Certification: 50 HR Yoga Alliance RYS – Continuing Education
Organic Food: Healthy Breakfast & lunch on all class days – Opening and closing group dinners – Vegetarian
Full Access: To all the resort facilities, WiFi, Pool, Spa, Private Shalas
Graduation: Ceremony & Celebration
Harmony: Safe, inspiring environment, new friends, journey of a lifetime
Join us at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, Harmony.
|Frequently Asked Questions|
What airport should I fly into?
- Denpasar Ngurah Rai
What time do we start and finish?
- We will start on the first day at 4 pm and finish on the last day at 11 am. Typical days we start at 7 am and finish around 6 pm.
Is there a reading list?
We suggest you read the following for a better understanding once taught in the training.
- Light on Yoga, by BKS Iyengar
- Pranayama; The Breath of Yoga. By Gregor Maehle
- Sensing, Feeling and Action by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
- Meditation for the Love of It: Enjoying Your Own Deepest Experience by Sally Kempton
Will I receive a certificate at the end?
- All students who finish the course will get a certificate of completion. Registered through Yoga Alliance.
What is the weather like?
- Bali’s climate is tropical and high in both temperature and humidity. Most people find it pleasant. The average temperature is about 30 degrees Celsius, or 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember to drink a lot of water so you don’t become dehydrated.
Do I need to bring yoga mat and towel?
- Yoga mats and other supplies such as bolsters are available. Daily fresh towels are provided in yoga spaces.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Let’s start with what you don’t need to bring. There will be towels available in each room. We also provide you with a our organic shampoo and shower gel Please bring your required set of personal hygiene items (including toothpaste and toothbrush, which we do not supply) and or any supplements or medication you may be taking. Plenty of comfortable clothes that are easy to wash and dry will come handy for your daily yoga practice. Please bring a water bottle, we have many refillable stations. We all need to do our part and stop the issue of plastic
What about laundry?
- We offer a wash and dry service for your clothes which will be collected by leaving in the bags provided in your room. Please note, there is an extra charge for this service. Turn around time is maximum 24 hours.
Do I need to get a visa to come to Bali?
Standard tourist visa upon arrival is normally valid for 30 days without prior application, for most passport holders and is free. Please note the free visa is not extendable. Please choose one of the options below in order to get the correct visa.
- Pay for a visa on arrival, you do this at the airport, this visa can be extended for one month and we can help with an additional cost of $100.
- Apply for a 60 or 90 day visa prior to your departure. If you want to be totally flexible and stay longer, the best option is to apply for this type of visa in your home country before you leave. Cost and processing times vary so please check in advance and follow procedures of your local Indonesian embassy. You will need to send us the address of the Embassy and a copy of your passport, we will prepare the letters needed and forward so you may go to the embassy.
- Fly out, then fly back in. Arrange a flight out of Bali and return immediately; you will be granted another standard visa upon arrival, valid for 30 days. You will need to arrange this on a Saturday (afternoon) or Sunday not to interfere with the training.
How about internet and local mobile?
- You can easily acquire a prepaid local SIM card at reasonable speed and rates. Don’t forget there’s free WiFi throughout Desa Seni
“Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”
~ Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali ~