07 May The Collective – 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
– April 10th – May 6th 2020
Awaken: The objective of this training is to awaken the hidden teacher within! Awaken to possibilities. Awaken to positivity with a strong foundation in yoga-asana, pranayama and meditation. Through practice, knowledge of philosophy, anatomy, alignment and sequencing, you will walk away with a strong awakened practice and confidence to inspire others.
This 4 week training course, offered by a dedicated and passionate group of educators, employs an informed, integrated, dynamic approach. Our team of teachers will be working together to share, educate and nurture all those determined to awakening the teacher within or deepening their practice. This experience will incorporate all of Desa Seni’s philosophies, a fully rounded spectrum of yoga, offerings from additional teachers who will further educate, along with organic food, holistic wellness and the support and guidance of an amazing team.
Our intention is to guide individual students towards their unique, awakened true expression as a practitioner or a teacher.
Yoga, practiced in its full form, seeks to do nothing less than to wake us up!
|What Certificate Will I Receive ?|
Desa Seni School of Yoga is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance. This yoga teacher-training program and all the teachers are internationally accredited have exclusive recognition and qualify to teach for the 200-hr Yoga Alliance Teacher Certification. Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training program in the U.S and globally. Graduates of our program are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance.
Yoga Alliance Accredited School of Yoga
For more information, please visit: www.yogaalliance.org
|What Will I Learn ?|
Techniques of Yoga
Teaching/Practicing Asana, Pranayama, Meditation and Mantra
Restorative Yoga and the use of Props
The art of sequencing (teaching strategies to create mindful, functional and creative classes)
Anatomy and Physiology
Basic introduction of the musculoskeletal system, nervous system responses, principles of movement, the mechanics of breathing, body reading assessment and anatomy of adjustments.
Philosophy and Yogic Scriptures
The Evolutionary History of Yoga.
Group Practicum and Presentation Skills
Systematic work towards planning, theming and skillfully teaching a full spectrum yoga class.
|A Day In Awaken :|
7:00 – 8:00 am: Pranayama & Meditation
8:00 – 10:00 am: Asana Practice
10:00 – 11:00 am: Light Breakfast
12:00 – 2:00 pm: Lecture / Anatomy / Philosophy / Teaching Methodology
2:00 – 3:30 pm: Lunch and Free Time
3:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Teaching Methodology / Alignment and Adjustments / Yoga Practice and Practicums
Saturdays are half days and Sundays off.
|Who Are My Teachers ?|
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires” William Arthur Ward
Desa Seni, A Village Resort opened to the world on August 8th 2006. It is located in Canggu, Bali – Indonesia. From its awakening, this village has focused on creating a holistic wellness program providing yoga, dance, music and organic cuisine, set amidst a beautifully landscaped fully recycled eco friendly resort. The whole concept creates an environment where people can come to learn, evolve, relax, awaken the self and at the same time become part of a kula or community, experiencing the life and ways of Indonesia.
Stay in charming accommodations at the beautiful eco resort. All the rooms are individual antique houses with air conditioning, beautiful terraces, sitting areas and private modern bathrooms. The interior of each unique house has been re-furbished to provide comfort, while the exteriors have retained the integrity of rural village life.
The area, Canggu, has everything one would want. There are great surf breaks, shopping, restaurants, supermarkets and yes, some great beach clubs for frolicking.
Single, private bedroom and bathroom USD $7,200
Early Bird by February 10th USD $6,700
Twin, Two yogis per house – one of our larger houses set up with individual beds and mosquito nets. USD $5,700 per person
Early Bird by February 10th USD $5,200
We pair females with females and males with males.
The training is available without accommodation, however, as you will be spending long days at Desa Seni, we recommend staying at Desa Seni during your training in order to get the full immersive experience. We start early every morning and finish in the evening.
For those who are already living in Bali or have alternate accommodation USD $3,800
Early Bird by February 10th USD $3,300
All inclusion are the same other than accommodations
Payment and Terms
Pay a deposit of USD $500 to secure your spot
Balance due in full by March 10th
Payment can be made by bank transfer directly to Desa Seni.
Please contact email@example.com for more details.
If a participant withdraws from the course, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If a participant withdraws from the course after full payment has been received, March 10th, they will receive a 50% refund
If a participant with draws April 1st or after the training starts, there is no refund.
This Refund Policy applies to both Residential and Non-Residential options.
|What Does Tuition Include ?|
Early Bird: Take off $500 if you register by February 10th
All Materials: Classes, academic fees, manual, work-books, diploma
Certification: 200 HR Yoga Alliance RYS
Organic Food: Healthy Breakfast & lunch on all class days – Opening and closing group dinners – Vegetarian
Full Access: To all the resort facilities, WiFi, Pool, Spa, Private Shalas
Graduation: Ceremony & Celebration
Awaken: Safe, inspiring environment, new friends, journey of a lifetime
Join us at Desa Seni, A Village Resort, for a month of Awakening.
|Frequently Asked Questions|
What airport should I fly into?
- Denpasar Ngurah Rai
What time do we start and finish?
- We will start on the first day at 4 pm and finish on the last day at 11 am. Typical days we start at 7 am and finish around 6 pm.
Is there a reading list?
We suggest you read the following for a better understanding once taught in the training.
- Light on Yoga, by BKS Iyengar
- Pranayama; The Breath of Yoga. By Gregor Maehle
- Sensing, Feeling and Action by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
- Meditation for the Love of It: Enjoying Your Own Deepest Experience by Sally Kempton
Will I receive a certificate at the end?
- All students who finish the course will get a certificate of completion. Registered through Yoga Alliance.
What is the weather like?
- Bali’s climate is tropical and high in both temperature and humidity. Most people find it pleasant. The average temperature is about 30 degrees Celsius, or 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember to drink a lot of water so you don’t become dehydrated.
Do I need to bring yoga mat and towel?
- Yoga mats and other supplies such as bolsters are available. Daily fresh towels are provided in yoga spaces.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Let’s start with what you don’t need to bring. There will be towels available in each room. We also provide you with a our organic shampoo and shower gel Please bring your required set of personal hygiene items (including toothpaste and toothbrush, which we do not supply) and or any supplements or medication you may be taking. Plenty of comfortable clothes that are easy to wash and dry will come handy for your daily yoga practice. Please bring a water bottle, we have many refillable stations. We all need to do our part and stop the issue of plastic
What about laundry?
- We offer a wash and dry service for your clothes which will be collected by leaving in the bags provided in your room. Please note, there is an extra charge for this service. Turn around time is maximum 24 hours.
Do I need to get a visa to come to Bali?
Standard tourist visa upon arrival is normally valid for 30 days without prior application, for most passport holders and is free. Please note the free visa is not extendable. Please choose one of the options below in order to get the correct visa.
- Pay for a visa on arrival, you do this at the airport, this visa can be extended for one month and we can help with an additional cost of $100.
- Apply for a 60 or 90 day visa prior to your departure. If you want to be totally flexible and stay longer, the best option is to apply for this type of visa in your home country before you leave. Cost and processing times vary so please check in advance and follow procedures of your local Indonesian embassy. You will need to send us the address of the Embassy and a copy of your passport, we will prepare the letters needed and forward so you may go to the embassy.
- Fly out, then fly back in. Arrange a flight out of Bali and return immediately; you will be granted another standard visa upon arrival, valid for 30 days. You will need to arrange this on a Saturday (afternoon) or Sunday not to interfere with the training.
How about internet and local mobile?
- You can easily acquire a prepaid local SIM card at reasonable speed and rates. Don’t forget there’s free WiFi throughout Desa Seni
“Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”
~ Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali ~