07 May The Collective – 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
September 28th – October 26th, 2019
Desa Seni, A Village Resort opened to the world on August 8th 2006. From its inception, this village has focused on creating a holistic wellness program providing yoga, dance, music and organic cuisine, set amidst a beautifully landscaped fully recycled eco friendly resort. The whole concept creates an environment where people can come to learn, relax, deepen the self and at the same time become part of a kula or community, experiencing the life and ways of Indonesia. With great success over the years, our vision and programs have come to fruition. This year, 2019, we are excited to be presenting the 8th annual “The Collective” 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program. Our team of teachers will be working together to share, educate, nurture all those interested in becoming a teacher or deepening their practice. This experience will incorporate all of Desa Seni’s philosophies, a fully rounded spectrum into yoga, offerings from additional teachers who will further educate, along with organic food, holistic wellness and the support and guidance of an amazing team.
This 4 week training course, offered by a dedicated and passionate group of educators, is an informed, integrated, dynamic approach to yoga focusing on alignment, anatomy, creative sequencing and developing the students individual teaching voice. Our intention is to guide individual students towards their unique true expression as a practitioner or a teacher in Vinyasa flow.
OM TAT SAT
Desa Seni School of Yoga
Yoga Alliance Accredited School of Yoga
Desa Seni School of Yoga is a registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance. This yoga teacher-training program and all the teachers are internationally accredited have exclusive recognition and qualify to teach for the 200-hr Yoga Alliance Teacher Certification.
Yoga Alliance is an international governing board for yoga teachers and training program in the U.S and globally. Graduates of our program are automatically eligible to register as a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance. Becoming an RYT means having a higher profile and gaining international recognition as a yoga teacher.
For more information, please visit: www.yogaalliance.org
Curriculum: Techniques of Yoga – 100 hours:
- Teaching/Practicing Asana (Surya Namaskar, standing poses, forward bends, twists, backbends, inversions & arm balances)
- Pranayama, Meditation and Mantra
- Raja Yoga (mind techniques for elevating awareness)
- Restorative Yoga and the use of Props
Teaching Methodology – 30 hours
- The art of sequencing (teaching strategies to create mindful, functional and creative classes)
- Theming and Languaging
- Teaching beginner to intermediate poses
- The Art of Adjustments and Variations, Yoga Therapeutics,
- Pre / Postnatal Yoga
- Stories of Yoga Poses / Functional Mythology
- Vocal Work and Expression Exercises
Anatomy and Physiology – 20 hours:
Basic introduction of the musculoskeletal system, nervous system responses, principles of movement, the mechanics of breathing, body reading assessment and anatomy of adjustments.
Philosophy and Yogic Scriptures – 35 hours:
- The Evolutionary History of Yoga.
- Exploring the Gods, Goddesses and great Sages of ancient India
- Energetic Anatomy: Chakras, Prana, Vayus
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Bhagavad Gita, Budha’s Philosophy
- Traditional Purification Techniques
- Understanding and Respecting the Privilege of Teaching Yoga.
Group Practicum and Presentation Skills – 16 hours:
- Systematic work towards planning, theming and skillfully teaching a full spectrum yoga class.
- Partner work coordinating body movement and breath in Surya Namaskar A and B.
- Light on Yoga, by BKS Iyengar
- Pranayama; The Breath of Yoga. By Gregor Maehle.
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika by The Bihar School of Yoga
- Karma Yoga by Swami Vivekananda
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anadea Judith
- Samadhi The Great Freedom? by Gregor Maehle’s
- Bhagavad Gita by Sri Swami Sivananda
- Sensing, Feeling and Action by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
- Meditation for the Love of It: Enjoying Your Own Deepest Experience by Sally Kempton
- Science of Being and Art of Living by Maharishi Mahesh
- Kundalini Yoga by Shakta Kaur Khalsa
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
- Yoga Meditation: Through Mantra, Chakras and Kundalini to Spiritual Freedom by Gregor Maehle
- Touching Enlightenment: Finding Realization in the Body, by Reginald A. Ray
- The Purpose and Practice of Buddhist Meditation, by Sangharakshita
- The Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, by David Coulter
Sample day Schedule
- 7:00 – 8:00 am: Pranayama & Meditation
- 8:00 – 10:00 am: Asana Practice
- 10:00 – 11:00 am: Light Breakfast
- 12 – 2:00 pm: Lecture / Anatomy / Philosophy / Teaching Methodology
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm: Lunch and Free Time
- 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Teaching Methodology / Alignment and Adjustments / Yoga Practice and Practicums
Faculty and Bios:
Bernd Windhofer: Bernd works with the tools of Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, the Buddha’s Dharma and study in order to plumb the depths of experience and to always give each student exactly what he or she needs, with a passion for helping to ease the suffering of others. Bernd is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor at the E-RYT 200 level, where you can expect to be challenged in his classes, but always with kindness and care.
Carlotta Castangia: is an ERYT-500 in Hatha and Vinyasa Flow style yoga. She has been a dancer for 20 years then finally found her essence through yoga. She began her journey in India embracing all aspects of yoga and she deeply believes in the origins and the roots of the yoga tradition. She also believes that today a modern approach is needed and therefore she combines her knowledge in anatomy and alignment skills in her teaching method. Her classes have constantly evolved over the past 5 years because of her deep devotion to the practice, and she firmly believes that in addition to being a teacher she will remain an eternal student.
Eka Septifana: From the first time Eka Septifana joined a yoga class she was amazed by the profound experience, fell immediately in love with it, and has been a dedicated practioner ever since. Through a mindful yoga practice, she has learned to stay centred and be present, allowing her to embrace life more fully with love, compassion and gratitude. Eka is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor at the E-RYT 500 level who likes to challenge students, focusing on aligment and a personal investigation of sensations, perception, feelings and thought patterns.
Stephen Ewashkiw: Stephen leads yoga trainings around the world and has taught thousands of students in more than 25 countries. He calls his practice Adventure Yoga, and it is all about exploring and expanding the possibilities within yourself and in your life. The goal of Adventure Yoga is to help you uncover the courage and strength to make the most of your potential — and also to have more fun on the mat! Stephen’s aim is to give you the knowledge, courage, and empowerment to make your own choices and step outside your comfort zone. You will also learn how to skilfully refine your poses and improve your techniques. Together we will use biomechanics to help you find alignment in your practice and in your life. Stephen has been teaching yoga for more than ten years, and has achieved the highest possible certificate from Yoga Alliance, E-RYT 500, and is one of a select few teachers certified in The Mazé Method, Noah Mazé’s elite yoga school.
International Yoga Federation IYF.
If you already are living in Bali or have alternate accommodations, you can join this program as a nonresidential student. As you will be spending long days at Desa Seni, this option includes breakfast and lunches on all class days (6 days a week), opening and closing group dinners, training manual, all course materials, and Teacher Certification. All meals will be vegetarian.
$ 3,500 USD, Early registration and deposit received by July 2nd
$ 3,950 USD, Registration and deposit received after July 2nd
Stay in charming and luxurious accommodations at the beautiful eco resort, Desa Seni, A Village Resort. All the rooms are individual antique houses with beautiful terraces, sitting areas and private modern bathrooms. The interior of each unique house has been re-furbished to provide modern luxury and comfort, while the exteriors have retained the integrity of rural village life. This option also includes breakfast and lunches on all class days (6 days a week), opening and closing group dinners, training manual, all course materials, and Yoga Alliance Teacher Certification. All meals will be vegetarian.
Early registration and deposit received on or before July 2nd
$ 5,490 USD Residential Twin Share per person
$ 4,990 USD Residential Triple Share per person
Registration and deposit received after July 2nd
$ 5,880 USD Residential Twin Share per person
$ 5,380 USD Residential Triple Share per person
All options include:
- Tuition for all classes and programs
- Breakfast and lunches on all class days (6 days a week) Vegetarian
- Opening and closing group dinners
- Training manual & all course materials
- Teacher Certification
- All taxes and service.
Does not include suggested reading books or travel to and from Bali or Desa Seni, A Village Resort.
- Pay only a deposit of US$ 500 to secure your spot.
- Balance due in full by Sept 1st
- Payment can be made by credit card, bank transfer directly to Desa Seni.
- Please contact email@example.com for more details.
- If a participant withdraws from the course, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If a participant withdraws from the course before Sep 1st, he/she will receive a refund of the training balance.
- If a participant withdraws from the course between Sep 2nd and Sep 20th, he/she will receive 50% of the training balance.
- If a participant withdraws from the course between Sep 21st and Oct 2nd, or after the course begins, he/she will receive no refund.
This Refund Policy applies to both Residential and Non-Residential options.
“Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”~ Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali