27 Dec 5 Reasons to start living your dream today
Is it hard for you to live your dream? Are you scared to fail? Personally, I’ve been very scared to live my dream on several occasions. Especially in August 2015 as I experienced financial challenges with my organization ‘The Passion Compass’. For several months the costs were higher than the revenues and my financial resources were depleted. I doubted myself and considered giving up on my dream. Here are 5 reasons that have helped me.
- Magic happens when you realize your dream. By stepping out of your comfort zone you increase the chance you will experience priceless moments. In 2008 I dreamed of travelling the world by myself, but I was scared of the unknown. Despite my fears I left my home town in The Netherlands and I started working for a music organization called ‘The Rhythm Hut’ in Australia. During this period I learned to make music, to surf and to practice yoga as well as to organize and promote music events. It was amazing! In 2015 I reminded myself of these amazing experiences and it boosted my self confidence and motivation regarding the Passion Compass.
- You inspire others to live their dreams. By overcoming your fears and living your dream you give others permission (consciously or unconsciously) to do the same. For example, in 2010 I got introduced to my mentor Rick Pursell. I noticed how his Life Coaching had a huge positive impact on myself and other people in the community. By witnessing his work I became deeply inspired to become a life coach and to never give up on my dreams.
- Doors will open when you follow your passions. People love to help others who are 100% connected with their passion and purpose. For example, on the 21st of March 2015 I realized I wanted to provide my workshops at the Bali Spirit Festival 2015. I experienced a few obstacles as the festival would start in 10 days time. The management didn’t know about my project and their schedule was already full. By approaching the management in a positive and passionate way, they felt inspired and allowed me to provide my workshops at this amazing festival. As you can see in the video on the Passion Compass Website, I helped 85 participants to find their passions and by reminding myself of the value of my service, I felt motivated to overcome my financial struggle in August 2015.
- Living your dream gives a huge sense of fulfillment. I believe working on things that matter the most to you and make you feel alive is a very fulfilling experience. For me it is coaching others, because it makes my heart sing when I see somebody else discovering his or her passion. And when I considered to stop working as a Passion Compass Coach, I connected with a few of my clients and heard their positive experiences regarding my workshops. As a result, I felt inspired to keep working on my dream.
- Living your dream helps you to develop your fullest potential. When you align yourself with what you really love, you boost your personal growth. Personally, I notice I learn the most when I’m 100% connected with my passion and purpose as this makes me feel excited, alive and extremely motivated. I invited the members of the Passion Compass Community to share their experiences on this topic and I noticed they have similar experiences. One of my clients, Amanda Jane Williams, also lives the life of her dreams and in 2015 she was invited to teach yoga for a group of 111 dancers during a Bali fitness Zumba weekend at the Hard Rock Hotel in Kuta, Bali. It was a huge challenge as these dancers were not interested in yoga and my client was forced to engage this group in an innovative way. Following her intuition, Amanda Jane integrated dynamic movements in the yoga practice and even brought them into meditation. As a result, the dancers felt very inspired by yoga and Amanda Jane had spontaniously learned a new way to teach yoga to dancers.
This last example reinforces my belief that we learn the most when we are doing things we are passionate about. Today, I feel grateful for my challenges in August 2015 as it helped me to develop my business skills and to be of better service towards my clients.
By Obed Abbo