07 May The Magic of Tantra
Goddesses and Bodhisattvas
With Angela Perez and Bernd Windhofer
April 9th – 16th, 2017
Tantra is the ultimate approach for the modern person; embracing every aspect of ourselves and our situation, we dive into the messiness of life with joy and abandon! Drawing inspiration from five goddesses and five bodhisattvas, expect the unexpected as we go deeply into yogic posture work, pranayama, meditation, and many other surprises to connect to the magic that is nothing other than our fundamental birthright.
Within the rich and wonderful worlds of Buddhist and Hindu tantra, transformation is everything. Transforming pain into ecstasy, suffering into wisdom, pleasure into deep and lasting equanimity. Relationships become a vehicle for self knowledge, and every experience we ever have is seen as a gateway into the primordial depth of reality itself. In order to stop all of this becoming too heady and conceptual, various Goddesses and Buddhas are invoked and worked with. Our imagination is set afire, our bodies wake up with excitement and energy, and the path becomes unbelievably beautiful. Every moment of life begins to show its magic and wonder. Join Angela and Bernd as they lead a week of exploring ten Buddhas and Goddesses, using meditation, yoga asana practice, breath work, and a whole bunch of surprises!
Angela Perez & Bernd Windhofer
Covered in this Programme:
– A daily morning practice of asana, meditation and pranayama to go deeply into the experiential aspects of everything we are learning.
– An emphasis on experience and practice rather than theoretical learning. This week is all about making change on all possible levels, in the best possible way. Any theory covered will be brought right back to its actual relevance to you and your life.
– Using the tool of a personal mandala to take stock of your entire life, clarify where your priorities lie and begin to make positive change in the direction you really, truly want to be heading in.
– Connecting to the archetypal realities personified by the ten Buddhas and Goddesses, and incorporating their magic and wonder in our own lives.
– Learning the path of meditation to free the prisoners deep within our own subconscious and unconscious selves.
– A myriad of workshops and explorations, using myth and imagery to dive fully into ourselves.
– At the risk of sounding overly mysterious, we simply cannot give too much away right now. Lots of surprises await! We invite you to take the plunge and get to know these incredible figures representing different aspects of the enlightened state.
* This 50 hour course counts towards Yoga Alliance Continuing Education.
OM TAT SAT
Desa Seni School of Yoga
Sample day Schedule:
7:00 – 10:00 am: Morning Energy Activation and Chakra Exploration
10:00 – 11:00 am: Light Breakfast
11.00 – 2:00 pm: Philosophy, & Experiential Anatomy
2:00 – 3:00 pm: Lunch and Free Time
3:00pm – 5:30pm: Yin Practice
Angela Perez: Angela has been passionately dedicated to the yogic path for the past 15 years, lecturing and teaching in many parts of the world and is currently teaching Ashtanga, Hatha, Yin, Tantra, Meditation and Pranayama classes at Desa Seni. Angela is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor at both the RYT-500 and E-RYT 200 level, who shares her deep calling to walk the path of the heart, both on and off the mat.
Bernd Windhofer: Bernd works with the tools of Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, the Buddha’s Dharma and study in order to plumb the depths of experience and to always give each student exactly what he or she needs, with a passion for helping to ease the suffering of others. Bernd is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor at the E-RYT 200 level, where you can expect to be challenged in his classes, but always with kindness and care.
If you already are living in Bali or have alternate accommodations, you can join this program as a nonresidential student. As you will be spending long days at Desa Seni, this option includes breakfast and lunches on all class days (7 days a week), opening group dinners, training manual, all course materials, and a Certificate of Continuing Education Yoga Alliance Program.
$ 850 USD Early registration and deposit received by February 9th
$ 1,100 USD Registration and deposit received after February 9th
Stay 7 nights in charming and luxurious accommodations at the beautiful eco resort, Desa Seni, A Village Resort. All the rooms are individual antique houses with beautiful terraces, sitting areas and private modern bathrooms. The interior of each unique house has been re-furbished to provide modern luxury and comfort, while the exteriors have retained the integrity of rural village life. This option also includes breakfast and lunches on all class days (7 days a week), opening group dinner, training manual, all course materials, and a Certificate of Continuing Education Yoga Alliance Program
Before February 9th
$ 1,480 USD Residential Double Share per person
$ 1,330 USD Residential Triple Share per person
After February 9th
$ 1,730 USD Residential Double Share per person
$ 1,580 USD Residential Triple Share per person
All options include:
Tuition for all classes and programs
Breakfast, lunch and snacks
Training manual & all course materials
Certificate of Continuing Education Yoga Alliance Program
All taxes and service.
Does not include suggested reading books or travel to and from Bali or Desa Seni, A Village Resort.
Pay only a deposit of US$ 200 to secure your spot.
Balance due in full by March 22nd, 2017
Payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer directly to Desa Seni.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
If a participant withdraws from the course, the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
“Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”
~ Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
For more information, details, questions, bookings, please write to:email@example.com